Books, Books, and More Books!
I can’t stress enough about the importance of books. They are the embodiment of wisdom bound into physical form. There is magic within the books I recommend. These books contain within them the life transforming agents than can empower you to grow consciously, if you choose to follow the wisdom they provide. They are personal developments books that range in various topics from finance to productivity. I have friends who once told me, “Life is something you experience, not something you learn from books.” Well, I disagree. The lessons any of these books give out are tremendously helpful. However, they can only help you if you take them to heart. Like anything in life, the solutions to anything can only be found if you are looking for them. I implore you to go to your local libraries to rent out these books! You can even find some of them online for free in PDF forms! If not, buy them and read them over and over again.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey (single most effective book that teaches you how to develop 7 amazing habits based on self-governing principles)
- Getting Things Done by David Allen (Effective time strategies on…getting things done!)
Wealth, Business, Personal Finances
- Think and Grow Rich! by Napoleon Hill (an old classic from 1937 inspired by Andrew Carnegie on wealth, and actualizing desires through faith)
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki (educational book that gives another perspective on wealth accumulation)
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley and William D. Danko (book on wealth distribution in America and why the majority of millionaires live frugal lives)
- The Type-Z Guide to Success by Marc Allen (a step by step book that teaches you to become successful in a relaxed, and healthy manner)
- The Nature of Things by Lucretius (1st-BC poem book on matter, being, and mortality)
- Tao Te Ching by Lao Tsu (Ancient Chinese spiritual, philosophical text on Taoism)
- The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran (Book based on wisdom with a poetic format)
- As You Think by James Allen (A book first published in 1902 about the power of right thinking, and its impact on our lives)
- Letters to My Son by Kent Nerburn (A father’s wisdom on manhood, life, and love)
- Zen Koans by Muju (A website dedicated to many Zen Koans! Read them for fun and enlightening experience.)
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary D. Chapman (A book on the 5 primary ways that people understand love)